2017 - 2018 Mentorship Series
The Indian School Muscat Alumni (ISMA) Mentorship program has been established to enable alumni to share their professional and personal experiences, help and assist the students in working towards accomplishing their educational goals, and to explore various career paths. The goal of the program is to prepare the students in the senior classes (10th, 11th and 12th grades) for a successful future and leave an impact on the ISM Community. ISM Students will now have exclusive access to a robust network of alumni who are eager and willing to help and share their wisdom and advice about life beyond ISM.
The first of several Mentorship events will be held on December 19, 2018 at 12:45pm in Indian School Muscat. This session will be for the 12th grade students, who are currently gearing up for their next phase of life in higher education. The goal of this session is to facilitate an open discussion of various topics that would benefit the students as they begin their college journey.
Following are some of the broad topics that the Alumni speakers would be covering:
- Career choices & Branches for various college degrees the students plan to pursue
- Entrance test and college requirements
- Visa procedures and applications for those looking to study abroad
- College accommodations
- Local Mentor connect with other Alumni living in the same cities and/or from the same College/University
- Scholarships and quotas that the students can take advantage of
- Clarify and Negate any misconceptions and reservations about college and different educational streams.
Students are encouraged to ask questions during the event. The Alumni speakers will answer the questions during the event, or get back to the students after reaching out to the extensive network of ISM Alumni across the globe in order to provide the best answers.
The ISMA Mentorship program has been designed to prepare students to climb the next rungs on the ladder of their educational and professional careers. Alumni can guide them in their journey and answer questions, and become enablers for students, in their pursuit of excellence.